Update 6: Fifth Day

Day 5: the final full day of the conference.The day began again with breakfast. Today it was ham, eggs, potatoes, and pancakes. We then went to our color meeting, Orange CRUSH, and talked about the plan for today. After the meeting we went on the buses to Washington, DC. At Washington, DC we went to the capital building and took pictures, group and individual. After this I went with a group of people including Eric from my color group to the National Gallery, before our congressional meetings. We saw art from Monet and Van Gogh. After a brief time their I broke off from the group to head over to the Rayburn House Office Building to meet with my local representative in the house Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA).When I arrived (5 minutes early) I was told Rep. Rohrabacher was in a hearing and that I would meet him at a different office. When I arrived at there office it was the chamber for the Science, Space, and Technology Committee, and I meet Rep. Rohrabacher in a room, where he asked me to sit in on the hearing and I would be able to talk with him afterwards. I sat in on the hearing which was about China hacking the FDIC, it was unexpected and very cool. After this I walked and talked with Rep. Rohrabacher to a Falun Gong rally in front of the capital where he was to speak. He told me about how he was a reporter for a radio news station in Los Angeles before he became one of Fmr. Pres. Reagan’s speechwriters. He also said how when he worked as a speechwriter for Reagan, he would make sure the press wouldn’t be able to misquote the President. After arriving at the rally/peaceful (actually peaceful) protest of the Chinese governments oppression he gave a quick three minute speech which I watch from behind the stage. After he spoke we talked more, and he told me he was the speechwriter they would rely on if they needed a speech in a short period of time. I unfortunately didn’t get to take a photo with him because he had to vote in the House, but the experience of following him along was more than enough to remember. After this I met back up with the group I was with before at the National Air and Space Museum. Once I briefly looked through the museum with Eric and some others, our groups met up to go back on the buses. Once we got back to George Mason we got ready for the Gala. The gala was at a Marriott 30 minutes away, it was really fun. We had dinner, then we danced for about 3 hours. It was fun being with all our new friends, but it was sad knowing this was the last night. I had made so many good friends and I had the time of my life that night. After the gala, we returned on the buses going back to George Mason. On the bus we talked and listened to music with each other. As we had our final security check, we began to realize it was the beginning of the end.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s